Sometimes the best recipes are the ones that you can simply whip up in a short amount of time. What makes them even better is when they are crowd pleasers that everyone can’t stop eating them. Well these Pomegranate Pistachio Chocolate Bark treats were just that when I took them to my friend Carina’s holiday party.
How can you go wrong with these three magical ingredients? The chocolate by itself is delicious. Add the chopped pistachios and everything is kicked up a notch. But what really makes these treats over the top good is the freshness and pop of flavor that the pomegranates provide.Â The trick here is to combine one part chocolate milk and two parts semi-sweet chocolate. It’s important to slowly melt the chocolate. I personally prefer using the double boiler method for even melting. The pistachios mixed with the chocolate are a must. I should add, I personally prefer rough chopping my pistachio with a knife instead of using a food processor.
The next step is to drop a spoonful of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add a bit of the leftover pistachio dust from the chopping on top, then as many pomegranate arils as you. Gently, and I say very gently press down the pomegranates onto the the chocolate. Pop in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup rough chopped toasted pistachio
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Add rough chopped pistachio (reserve the smaller pieces that are pulverized for dusting on top) add to the chocolate and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scooper drop scoops of chocolate on the parchment paper. With the back of the scooper gently flatten the chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of each chocolate round with the remaining pistachio dust.
- Place as many pomegranate seeds as possible on top of each chocolate round.
- Very gently press the pomegranate seeds down onto the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least half hour or until you are ready to serve.
Recipes from Pomegranate WeekÂ 2017
Recipes from Pomegranate WeekÂ 2014
Zeytoon Parvardeh ~ Persian Pomegranate, Olive, & Walnut Dip
Recipes from Pomegranate Week 2010
POM Wonderful Dinner Party ~ Persian Ruby
How to Open & Seed a Pomegranate
Rice with Pistachios & Pomegranate Arils
Pomegranate & Lime Glazed Cornish Hens
Recipes from Pomegranate Week 2009
Persians’ Love Affair with Pomegranate
Khoresht Fesenjan ~ Persian Pomegranate & Walnut Stew